9/01/2011

PLUGS n' holes

this morning, I am proudly plugging my friend Sarah who is not only stunning but so much cooler than you could even begin to imagine. have a look below and let your mouth dribble all over your keyboard. 


milesmocoyarhiko.jpg

Sarah Miles
Age: 25
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Gig: Freelance model, fashion show producer and PR babe.

Why we care
:

Sarah is a Toronto born and raised model who loves Motown music and doesn't take crap from anyone. She has modeled for Adidas, Dolce Vita, Baby Steinberg, Etsy for Magwood and Maude & Colette, to name a few. She's been featured in the Toronto Star and graced the cover of NOW Magazine more than once (look for her in the TIFF issue next week). She's a muse to Toronto grunge-chic clothing line, Label, and has walked the runway and been featured in their video.


How did you get into modeling?

I was volunteering for the Fashion Design Council of Canada Fashion Week years ago and I met an amazing girl (and later friend) who took me under her wing and encouraged me to try modeling out. She showed me the ropes and brought me to the agency she worked at. I soon filmed a TV segment with ET Canada called Making of a Model, which was cool because I got to learn the culture of modeling, but also really bizarre because I had celebrity trainers and nutritionists and was thrown into this world where skinny was everything - and I didn't really agree with that. Soon after that my relationship with my agency ended, which is when I started self-representation, and I haven't looked back since. It's harder to be a 'do-it-yourself' model, but I get to call my own shots, which is nice. I don't believe in conforming to the notion that you have to be a size zero to model, and I think that sets me apart from the crowd.

Who is your favourite designer or collection right now?

ChloƩ
for Fall/Winter 2011 stands out as my dream wardrobe, without a doubt. I really respect all artists for doing what they do - it's not easy to make it as a designer. But fall is my favorite season so I'm really looking forward to seeing which high-end trends made it from the runway to the streets.

What is your can't-live-without beauty product?

Red lipstick and a summer tan!



Read the full story by
miss Miles, keep snapping necks all around the world like you know you can.

No comments: